[whatwg] When closing the browser

From: Philipp Kempgen <philipp.kempgen@amooma.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:57:46 +0200
Ian Hickson schrieb:

> One option would be to have an attribute, say <body logout="">,

Maybe <link rel="logout" href="..."> is more suitable?

> which
> causes the user agent to ping the site when the window is closed and there
> are no other windows open to the same origin.
>
> Of course this would break if the other window in question was open to a
> different page that didn't have the logout="" attribute..
>
> Maybe it should be invoked if there are no other pages open that have the
> same logout="" attribute?

Sounds ok to me.

Server-side applications should probably implement that in a way such
that just one session (identified by a session cookie or whatever)
gets logged out -- in contrast to all sessions of a user.
The user might be logged in using 2 different browsers and might
want to log out in one browser but keep the session active in the
second one.

And I'd probably want a same domain policy for the logout ping be
implemented in the browser.

--
    Philipp Kempgen