[whatwg] single step v.play();

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:14:14 +0200, Biju <bijumaillist at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Philip J?genstedt <philipj at opera.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Since static markup uses the src attribute it needs to be supported via
>> the
>> DOM, so adding a parameter to load/play would only mean that there are
>> several ways to do the same thing. I'm not sure replacing an already
>> playing
>> media resource is an important enough use case to make such a change to
>> an
>> already complex spec.
>
> I did not mean to remove option for assigning to .src property. Like
>     v = $('v1');
>     v.src = "http://mysite.com/bbbbb.ogg";
>
> and then at a later time user may do
>     v.play();
> if he want to play it.
>
> Asked for two signature for
>     v.play() and    v.load()
> one with the URL as parameter,  and other without parameter

That was clear, I'm just saying that it complicates the spec for an
untypical use case (changing the media resource of an already playing
element). Given the already ridiculous complexity of media element's
matters.

> As well as an implicit call to v.load() in v.play()

The spec used to have an implicit call to load() from play(), but that has
been replaced with "invoke the media element's resource selection
algorithm".

--
Philip J?genstedt
Opera Software