[whatwg] native ordered dictionary data type in web storage draft

From: Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@muellerware.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:18:31 -0400
The last paragraph in section 4.6 of the Web Storage draft (10 April
2009), mentions a "native ordered dictionary data type".  The URL to the
section in the draft is here:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/webstorage/#database-query-results

This is the first time I've seen the requirement for such a beast.  You
can understand the desire for it, given the context, but still.  Does
anything else in JavaScript make use of such a data structure?  It's not
clear to me how you would even use it, without something like a list
comprehension, or some other functional construct.  It's hard to imagine
how someone might make use of the ordered-ness in a plain old for/in
loop, for instance.

It would also be impossible, in the JavaScript in use today, AFAIK, to
emulate this with user-land JavaScript.

--
Patrick Mueller