[whatwg] Safari-compatible <input type="search">

From: Joćo Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:31:16 +0100
> How can the Web designer know how many recent search terms the user would like to keep handy at the search box?

He/she can't know, and providing that info would be a privacy issue.
input with type search would simply tell the UA to keep entries typed
in memory for later reuse, which is a bonus for usability, and spared
the page uathro of javascript kungfudeathgrips and bloated js
libraries to provide trivial functionality.