[whatwg] workers

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap@webkit.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:47:51 +0400

Sep 24, 2008, ? 10:38 PM, Aaron Boodman ???????(?):

> interface DedicatedWorker : Worker {

I've been trying to understand the difference between SharedWorker and
DedicatedWorker interfaces. Besides the ability to pick an existing
worker by name, are there any other semantic differences? I may be
missing something, but it looks like a single Worker interface with an
optional name parameter to constructor would work just as well.

> void sendMessage(String message);

The WHATWG draft calls this postMessage() - is this just a different
name, or an implied substantial difference in behavior?

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov