[whatwg] Canvas performance issue: setting colors

From: Oliver Hunt <oliver@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:53:30 -0700

> I think the canvas api should get 2 new methods:
>
>  CanvasColor createRGBAColor(in float r, in float g, in float b, in
> float a)
>  CanvasColor createHSLAColor(in float h, in float s, in float l, in
> float a)

WebKit already has a non-standard function -- setFillColor(r, g, b, a)
-- that provides a faster mechanism to set the colour, however we
believe we can rather easily improve the performance of the standard
fillStyle, strokeStyle properties and just have not yet gotten round
to it.  Until we have improved this I would be hesitant to go around
adding entirely new object types (especially canvas specific ones).

--Oliver