[whatwg] RDFa

Ian Hickson wrote:
> Note however that I do not expect the namespace issue to materially affect
> the RDFa feedback; I'm sure there are many ways of addressing the problem
> space of RDF that do not involve having to use namespace prefixes.

You would be incorrect to make this assumption.

Much work has already been done on RDFa in XHTML1.1, and to have the
HTML5 approach do something completely incompatible would be a serious
problem.

In general, I find it surprising that HTML5 wants to reinvent
everything, rather than at least partially rely on work done in other
groups.

-Ben