[whatwg] Add 'type' attribute to <mark>

From: Andy Lyttle <whatwg@phroggy.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:45:00 -0700
On Oct 31, 2008, at 11:06 AM, Pentasis wrote:

> I would never opt for using "class" for anything other than CSS
> styling. The reason for this being that I feel that neither "id"
> nor "class" should contain keywords, but only author defined words.
> For me a "type" or "role" attribute would be like an "id" or
> "class" only it would contain keywords and be not style-related but
> content related.

Also, because authors have assumed that they had full reign over id
and class names, there are bound to be conflicts if we now define
certain keywords to have semantic meaning (which could correspond to
presentational behavior).  Breaking backwards compatibility when we
add new features is certainly undesirable.

Musical feet!  <span class="footnote">La</span>

--
Andy Lyttle
whatwg at phroggy.com