[whatwg] Video Element Events? - Use Case: Custom Progress Bar

From: Chris Double <chris.double@double.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:36:53 +1300
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Charles Iliya Krempeaux
<supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I didn't read the spec carefully enough, but I don't see any such
> event.

You're looking for the 'timeupdate' event. This gets raised whenever
the current playback position changes. From the spec section 4.8.10.8:

"If the time was reached through the usual monotonic increase of the current
playback position during normal playback, the user agent must then queue a task
to fire a simple event called timeupdate at the element. (In the other cases,
such as explicit seeks, relevant events get fired as part of the overall
process of changing the current playback position.)"

Although this is hidden away in the cue ranges section, it happens on
normal playback without cue ranges.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz