[whatwg] a and button

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:32:49 +0200
H?kon Wium Lie wrote:
> I'd like to have a simple way of using <button> along with <a> to
> create pretty links. This markup works in Opera, Mozilla, and Webkit:

> but it's not valid HTML5 it seems. I propose to make it valid.
>
> The inverse (a inside button) only works in Webkit.

So a link that looks like a button? Maybe I'm missing something, but why
would you ever want that?

Users are trained that there's a difference between following links and
pressing buttons, so it seems to be a bad idea to blur that distinction.

Of course, buttons that look like links are a much bigger problem.

BR, Julian