[whatwg] video tag: pixel aspect ratio

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Sander van Zoest <sander at vanzoest.com> wrote:
> The only issue I have with splitting it into separate ones, is that we need
> to ensure that both exist or none exist, having just X or just Y is clearly
> confusing and should not be allowed.

I agree on that, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue to enforce
that restriction.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Kristof Zelechovski
<giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl> wrote:
> Patterns may be ambiguous; an algorithm that is ambiguous would also be
> dubious and thus easily identified and rejected.  Of course, patterns can be
> proven to be precise, but using explicit algorithms is safer.
> IMHO,
> Chris
Most current languages define their syntaxes in terms of tokens, and
which tokens (or groups of tokens) are allowed on each context. Even
within the HTML5 spec, the markup's content model is defined with a
similar approach (for example, describing which elements or groups of
elements are valid as "sectioning content"). Is that ambiguous?
Honestly, I'm not too concerned on the algorythms themselves (I'm not
involved on UA making, at least currently), but mostly about how the
algorythms bloat the specification. Anyway, I don't think it'd be good
to start a side discussion within this topic.