[whatwg] Placeholder option for text input boxes

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Kristof Zelechovski
<giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl> wrote:
> Please.  This thread is not abort how to write JavaScript code in general.
> It is about how to write the feature detection code.  This kind of code
> should be especially robust and relying on deprecated features does not make
> it more so.

Ok, let's separate out the 'how people should program' part from the
'what we will support part'. My opinion is that input.placeholder
should be supported, because it is consistent with how everything else
works.

I don't think that most web developers even know that accessing
attributes as properties is deprecated, and would be surprised that
setting input.placeholder does nothing.

- a