[whatwg] Placeholder option for text input boxes

From: Aaron Boodman <aa@google.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:55:41 -0700
2008/10/1 Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl>:
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-HTML/html.html#ID-642250288> contains
the
> same deprecating statement.

I think it would be really unfortunate if we followed through with this, and
I definitely think that input.placeholder should work.

The attribute/property symmetry is one of the longest running traditions in
web development, and makes programming the DOM with javascript much more
pleasant. We shouldn't break with long-established, useful traditions just
to make a small minority of cases more consistent.

- a