[whatwg] Solving the login/logout problem in HTML

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:00:11 +0100
> I don't understand why it makes a difference what the form is like. It
> should apply whatever credentials it has been given -- whatever those
> might be, username/password, certificate, fake addressa and phone number,
> whatever, and submit the form. Just like a user.

If the form is more complex than two fields (identity/secret), then I
don't see how authentication is going to work except by displaying the
form -- just extracting the field names certainly wouldn't be
sufficient, even if they would be reasonable self-describing.

So, in the current form, this proposal only helps in marking the
server's response as *being* a login form, but not really in making it
more usable for a non-HTML client...

BR, Julian