[whatwg] media elements: Relative seeking

From: Chris Double <chris.double@double.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:33:56 +1300
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In any case - if you (and also Chris Double) are satisfied with the
> estimates you're getting for file duration/length - I'll stop arguing
> for it. It would be nice to hear some experimental evidence about how
> well it's doing, e.g. for typical movie trailers, so we can lay that
> argument to bed knowing we've done our homework.

I won't be estimating the duration - the user experience of a
fluctuating duration is terrible. For now for Ogg files, I'm seeking
to the end and getting the duration. For the few servers that don't
support seeking, duration is not available. I may check for
X-Content-Duration which I believe mod_annodex and soon oggz-chop
support.

Chris.
--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz