[whatwg] Absent rev?

From: Martin McEvoy <martin@weborganics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:15:10 +0000
Ian Hickson wrote:

> The problem solved by rev=made (or rel=author, which is the same) is the
> problem of how to indicate the author of the page. We have solved that
> problem in HTML5 (with rel=author).

That does not solve the "problem" of rev="made" because its not the same
as rel="author"

"author" can relate to multiple instances on a page  saying "WE made
this", an Author may have no control over who claims authorship of a page.

"made" is usually a single point perspective, Its a way of authors
claiming their own links in a statement saying "I made This".

rev="made" is subtle but ever so important link relationship for an
author, HTML5 really shouldn't abandon rev because of it.

Thanks

--
Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/