[whatwg] Absent rev?

Martin McEvoy wrote:
>  From the "real world" found here:
> http://nfegen.wordpress.com/2008/03/28/micrordformats/

> href="http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/2008/03/so-how-about-using-rdfa-in-microformats.html"
> title="Link to Mark Birbeck blog post">?So how about using RDFa in
> Microformats??</a>....</p>
>
> An explicit one way relationship I might like to add to the hyperlink
> above may be rev="reply"
>
> <a rev="reply"
> href="http://internet-apps.blogspot.com/2008/03/so-how-about-using-rdfa-in-microformats.html"
> title="Link to Mark Birbeck blog post">?So how about using RDFa in
> Microformats??</a>

It seems the "real world" example you point to doesn't actually use such
a relationship, so I don't see how it qualifies as being real world
example in this case.

In any case, if there was a real use case for such a relationship, then
it rel="reply-to" would seem to be more appropriate.  It's meaning would
then be roughly analogous to that of the In-Reply-To email header field.
  (Although, I'm not convinced that there is a use case that really
needs solving here, and speculating about the use of hypothetical
relationships doesn't really provide any compelling evidence in support
of the rev attribute.)

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/