[whatwg] Scripted querying of <video> capabilities

From: Dave Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:29:12 -0800
Pitching in here, I think it's OK if we want to go to a two-state
answer -- but those answers are No and Maybe, not No and Yes.  There
are, after all, vanishingly small numbers of mime types where I can
be 'completely' (within reason) confident of a 'yes' answer.  On the
other hand, given a mime type I simply don't recognize, or a codec I
know I don't have, I can be confident of a No.

Documenting it as providing a No/Maybe indication, and that how
positive the 'Maybe' is depends to a large extent on how precise the
supplied mime type is, would be fine by me, I think.
--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.