[whatwg] Issue when Video currentTime used for seeking.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 3:16 AM, Chris Double <chris.double at double.co.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Biju Gm at il <bijumaillist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> video_element.src="http://www.double.co.nz/video_test/ascannerdarkly480.ogg";
>> video_element.currentTime=10;
>> video_element.play();
>
> You can use:
>
> v.src = "foo.ogg";
> v.addEventListener("loadedmetadata", function() { v.currentTime=10;
> v.play(); }, false);

Yes we can use JS to have a work around. But there will be other problems.
Example, the above code make all the subsequent assignment of url to
v.src make movie start from 10th second. So again we need to add code
to remove the event listener. That make things complicated for Web
Developers,  (see, all Web developers I know are JSP/Java, ASP/.Net or
Graphics Designers they all only cut and paste JavaScript code).