[whatwg] Review of the 3.16 section and the HTMLInputElement interface

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Samuel Santos wrote:

> > Why do they use the wrong language browser in the first place?
>
> In Portugal a lot computers come with the english OS version.This means
> that the browser is in english and configured to have english as the
> default language.
>
> The problem with the input file button is that the client/user assumes
> that the text that appears in it is the developer's responsibility, like
> with the other button controls. In the example you gave he knows that
> the dialog box is from the UA (browser) and has nothing to do with the
> rest of the application.
>
> I'm pretty sure that this happens a lot in non-english countries.

Well that is quite unfortunate. However, I think that to fix this problem
it would be better to get the default installation language changed than
to get the HTML specification changed.

As noted earlier, we can't really allow any author control over this
widget anyway, as it is so security-sensitive.