[whatwg] [WA1] Literals and Actions, comments on inline markup

From: Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:11:26 +0200
I do not see why SPAN[ID] should obsolete A[NAME].  I admit DIV[ID] marks a
true fragment whereas A[NAME] is merely a bookmark, which is old-style
shallow HTML with Hn vs SECTION &al.; this was probably influenced by legacy
printing technology, I can also imagine it was slightly less demanding from
the user agent; but SPAN[ID] really adds nothing to the picture.
Chris