[whatwg] WebIDL vs HTML5 storage changes

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 11:54:23 +1200
If "storage.keyName = 'value';" can create a new storage item
(persistently), won't authors expect "delete storage.keyName;" to remove it
(persistently), as a matter of consistency?

If overloading "delete" is too quirky or too hard to implement, then it
seems none of the other shorthands should be allowed either.

Rob
53:5-6]