[whatwg] Usemap and ismap for canvas tag

David,

I really didn't mean to shift the emphasis to SVG at all. I don't
think anyone is going to try "running a Gaussian blur of a
dynamically generated mouse-driven turbulence displacement of a bitmap
[via] JavaScript on a canvas image."

All I am doing here is making simple pie charts, and I would like
those pie charts to have simple hot spots, nothing fancy. With hot
spots these simple canvas graphics then have very basic interactivity
such as links and tooltips without increasing the overhead of the
canvas element. Also, implementing this in the browsers should be
trivial since the usemap and ismap functionality already exists for
the img tag.

This is just about very basic functionality and is aimed to benefit
simple-minded web developers like myself who are not necessarily
trying to perform graphic rocket science.

<canvas id="myChart" width="200" height="200" usemap="#myMap"></canvas>

Greg