[whatwg] Issues concerning the <base> element and xml:base

Krzysztof ?elechowski wrote:
> Dnia 01-03-2008, So o godzinie 17:12 -0800, Maciej Stachowiak pisze:
>> On Mar 1, 2008, at 4:20 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>> For example on a <a href="...">, does the user hovering the node
>>> count?
>> If you display an absolute URI to the user at this time it should get
>> resolved against the current base, but since this is not a load, it
>> should get resolved again when the user clicks the link, if the base
>> changed.
>
> I am not sure I understand you correctly
> but if this introduces the ability
> to make the user agent
> report a different URL than the effective target,
> it is going to be a sweet candy for phishers.
> (Newer browsers made this effect unavailable to scripts).

It is already very possible to make a link that appears to go to one
url, but in reality goes to another. Here are three examples:

    onclick="window.location='http://www.evil.com'">

    onmousedown="this.href='http://www.evil.com'">

       onclick="window.location='http://www.evil.com'">
  go to www.good.com