[whatwg] Proposal: target="_tab"

From: Borek Bernard <borekbe@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:08:58 +0000 (GMT)
>From my brief testing, _tab opens a new window so it should be backwards compatible.

----- Original Message ----
From: Jo?o Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>
To: Borek Bernard <borekbe at yahoo.co.uk>; whatwg at lists.whatwg.org
Sent: Tuesday, 10 June, 2008 6:03:51 PM
Subject: Re: [whatwg] Proposal: target="_tab"

This approach however has two problems:
  - user agent that don't support _tab which would have to interpret as
_blank, or _self, so this case need to be predicted in the spec, if any
  - that value is not backwards compatible. I'd expect for an user agent
that does not support tabs to open a new window, but a unknwon target
opens in the same window, so you'll probably will have to make up
something different.

Na , Borek Bernard <borekbe at yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

> As you stated, that is your user preference and my preference can be
> different. You are lucky that your preference fits in current browsers'
> feature set, I have argued in the forum post linked before [1] that I
> don't think it's reasonable to expect the required level of browser
> customizeability any time soon.
>
> [1] http://forums.whatwg.org/viewtopic.php?t=186
>
> ---
> Borek