[whatwg] <video> element now working in Firefox nightlies

From: Maik Merten <maikmerten@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:37:40 +0200
David Gerard schrieb:
> Is the <video> tag doing Ogg Theora in Opera yet?

In experimental builds, yes.

> I'm sure Apple and Nokia can join the party at their leisure.

I assume the latest move by Mozilla (which I think is great, obviously)
won't do anything to address the IP concerns of mentioned players.

Safari can play back Ogg content with XiphQT installed thanks to being
based on QuickTime. A simple "click to install 3rd-party components"
would basically ensure a reasonably reliable cross-browser media
compatibility, but it would of course be Apple's decision to implement
something like this.

Maik