[whatwg] Expanding datetime

From: Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 21:20:36 +0200
I feel uneasy about this Gregorian bias in dates, although I use Gregorian
calendar myself.  It seems Gregorian dates do not require specifying the
datetime attribute but all other dates do (like Arabic lunar, Jewish, Thai,
Ethiopic, whatever).  It would be much better if the algorithm were
locale-dependent, although this would probably require having HEAD
META[NAME=LOCALE].
I understand this idea could be postponed indefinitely or rejected in the
present state of affairs; which option would you choose?  I mean, converting
the dates the author regularly uses to Gregorian would require support from
the editor or postprocessor.
Chris