[whatwg] Application deployment

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 23:05:44 +0200, Philipp Serafin <phil127 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Russell Leggett
> <russell.leggett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is a suggestion that is more helpful to larger single page web
>> applications, but could also be very helpful to other resource
>> intensive web
>> pages. My thought is that it could be extremely helpful to create some
>> kind
>> of web application deployment format.

> I think for HTML, this is already covered by MHTML
> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2557>. The problem here is probably to
> bring more people to implement this one.

That's one common approach. An alternative, which is used to get a bit
more functionality by people who were thinking the same as you and
building platforms to do it, is the widget packaging spec -
http://www.w3.org/tr/widgets (but it isn't developed by WHAT-WG).

cheers

Chaals

     je parle fran?ais -- hablo espa?ol -- jeg l?rer norsk
http://my.opera.com/chaals   Try Opera 9.5: http://www.opera.com