[whatwg] Question Regarding <table> width

From: WeBMartians <webmartians@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:17:01 -0500
Is
	width="0"
a pathological (error) state for <table>?

...and, for that matter, <tr>, <td> and the other tabular tags...

I may have just missed this, but I don't see any explicit restriction on zero (or negative) widths.

I wonder if such values could be used to allow browsers to render floating tables: side-by-side tables for large displays and
vertically sequenced tables for small ones, such as in mobile devices.

Thank you.
Bruce de Graaf