[whatwg] [WF2] backwards compatibility with values of custom required attributes

From: Hallvord R M Steen <hallvors@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 19:36:26 +0100
Hi,
some code from airgreenland.com reminded me to bring up the discussion
of how to treat values of "required" attributes:

    <input name="CONTROLGROUPCONTACT$ContactInputView$TextBoxAddressLine2"
type="text" maxlength="52"
id="CONTROLGROUPCONTACT_ContactInputView_TextBoxAddressLine2"
class="w10" required="false" requiredError="Street address Field 2 is
required.">

I've seen this before (and I'm sure many of you will recognise the
ASP.NET stuff). The problem is that <input required="false"> is
treated as <input required> by WF2 because the "false" value isn't
recognised. I think WF2 needs to do something sensible to ensure
backwards compatibility - ASP.NET form validation is going to cause us
serious problems otherwise.

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen