[whatwg] Calendar subscription as a feed?

Dan Mosedale wrote:
> Dan Mosedale wrote:
>> One nice property of the webcal: URI scheme is that any user-agent can
>> reasonably infer the intended use (which is likely to carry the
>> semantic that the URI will be around for a longer period of time)
>> simply from the URI.   So this URI can simply be included in any sort
>> document (mail message, text file) without losing that bit of
>> information.  By itself, rel="feed" doesn't provide this.

> I just skimmed the slightly (2006) Link header draft after noticing Ian
> mentioning it in a recent thread here, and if that were to make it back
> into HTTP, it would seem to solve this information loss bit nicely.

Could you elaborate how one could use Link header to prevent information
loss?

In cases where one user sends a "http://..." URI to another user in e.g.
plain text email message how can a Link header prevent loss of
information when compared to "webcal:" URI?

We already have "+xml" suffix for mimetypes, perhaps we should also have
"+subscription" or "+feed"? Or did you mean that similar information
would be encoded as Link header?

--
Mikko