[whatwg] DOM-related and API-related feedback

Jonas Sicking wrote:
> I don't know of any websites unfortunately. I've cc'ed Boris who might know.
>
> In general, if IE doesn't do it it seems unlikely that many sites depend on it.

Agreed on the latter.

On the former, it wouldn't be a problem for websites per se, but the
aliasing needs to happen when a page whose origin is a globally unique
identifier has an about:blank iframe.  Or rather, the origin of the
iframe needs to be the _same_ globally unique identifier.  In Gecko this
is implemented by simply using the same origin object for both.

Note that in IE the security model around about:blank is pretty weird
last I checked, so I'd want to see some pretty exhaustive tests before
changing Gecko behavior in web-facing about:blank.

-Boris