[whatwg] Stability of tokenizing/dom algorithms

On 14 Dec 2008, at 21:55, Edward Z. Yang wrote:

>> Are there any specific differences that pose problems?
>
> Not that I know of yet, since I haven't started on an implementation
> yet. Which brings me back to my original question: how stable is
> section
> 8? I would rather not be chasing a moving target.

It's not really a moving target ? what it is is largely constrained by
the requirement to parse pre-existing documents (which rely on almost
every possible bit of behaviour).

If you do start work on a PHP implementation, please do seriously
consider adding it to the html5lib project (which currently contains
Python and Ruby implementations) as MIT licensed ? there are also a
fair number of test cases there.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>