[whatwg] Self-imposed RDFa cool-down period

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, Manu Sporny wrote:

> There are a number of us that were pulled into the discussion by members
> in this community and it is unfortunate that our explanations of the
> semantic data expression requirements have been understood as "beat(ing)
> everyone over the head"[1]. That was not our intention and we have
> endeavored to keep our argumentation logical and civil.

I encourage you to take part in the writing of the wiki page, as per my
most recent e-mail (sent at the same time as yours!).

As an aside to everyone here:

In general though I just want to remind everyone that because of the way
the HTML5 spec is edited, there is rarely any need to say anything twice.
When I eventually get around to reading the feedback, I always first go
through and prune duplicate arguments or statements so that I only
consider points based on their technical merits and on what supporting
research they have, and not on the number of times they were made.

If somebody disagrees with a point, responding with the same counter
argument as they initially were responding to will not actually have any
effect. Instead, it is better to provide points that demonstrate ones
opinion. For example, instead of: