[whatwg] RDFa uses CURIEs, not QNames

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:37:52 -0700
Ben Adida wrote:

> It's important to note that, in our experience and in our design, the
> level of indirection is a feature, not a bug. One rarely uses a
> vocabulary for just one property.

In my experience, that level of indirection is a disaster. It is the
single most problematic part of XML as practiced. It destroyed XPointer.
   It takes what should be a simple, atomic value and makes it context
dependent. I'm surprised you want to reinvent that particular mistake.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Refactoring HTML Just Published!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0321503635/ref=nosim/cafeaulaitA