[whatwg] Ghosts from the past and the semantic Web

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:31:25 -0700
Kristof Zelechovski wrote:
> The proposition that classification should be used for presentation only is
> definitely not sound.  I agree you cannot make everybody happy - but that
> does not mean you have to make all losers happy.

Sadly, they were not tatooed "loser" when the working group discussed
this extensively, so I was unable to determine that these folks were, in
fact, "losers," or I would have, of course, ignored their opinion.

But seriously, it's not that @class is for presentation *only*, it's
that our needs (with URIs and CURIEs) might make typical CSS usage of
@class more difficult, and we didn't want to cause confusion on that front.

-Ben