[whatwg] RDFa Basics Video (8 minutes)

From: Toby A Inkster <mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:14:39 +0100
Kristof Zelechovski wrote:

> [...] However, having
> semantic networks and plain text as interleaved alternative streams
> of the
> same content, which is what the demonstration shows, seems to be too
> vulnerable and error-prone, especially when there is no validator
> at hand
> that could verify that both streams convey the same information.

Surely if they are kept in separate files, it is far more likely that
the machine-readable and human-readable data will become out of sync?
If the machine-readable data is kept near the human-readable data
(indeed, usually they are not merely *near* each other, but they're
actually the same thing - e.g. both the names in the examples below),
then they're likely to be maintained at the same time, and thus be
more accurate.

> >Jane</span >
> >hates</span >
> >Mac</span >.
>
> Ugh.  That really hurt.

I'm not surprised it hurt - that's an overly verbose way of
expressing that data.

I've left out the rdf:type information there, but if you really want
to include it:

       property="foaf:name">Mac</span>

--
Toby A Inkster