[whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

then Dan Brickley wrote:
> I encourage you to (re)-read
> http://www.w3.org/Submission/2008/SUBM-ccREL-20080501/ ... the spec
> explains that all of CC's concrete markup requirements are addressed
> by the HTML additions in the RDFa spec. It does not propose *any* new
> HTML markup to address CC's specific needs.

(big snip)

> In other words, adding 'about', 'property', 'resource', 'datatype' and
> 'typeof' and a namespace-URI association convention to HTML5 ...

Just so I understand you, are you saying that attributes aren't markup?
Because first you say "no new markup", then you list 5 attributes to add.

Second, the Introduction cites RDFa, which footnote 4 describes as "an
emerging collection of attributes and processing rules for extending
XHTML to support RDF".  However, the Introduction text and example go
on to talk about HTML.  Independent of any other discussions, I think it
behooves the authors to clarify their intent. Is this for XHTML, HTML or
both?

thanks,
Matt
--