[whatwg] Fallback behavior

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, K?i?tof ?elechovski wrote:

> I am not sure what Ian means.  M.S.'s description at
> <http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2007-March/010043.html>
> he seems to be opposing is definitive, exhaustive and that is what
> Internet Explorer?7 does.  Scripts attached to elements included in
> supported objects do not run.  An unsupported object gets nuked and
> replaced with its content.

That has more to do with IE's crazy handling of <object> elements than
with the question at hand, though. IE will have to change here regardless
even to be compatible with DOM2 HTML and HTML4, let alone HTML5. So we
shouldn't consider it in this discussion. The other browsers are all
consistent in their behaviour.