[whatwg] Client-side includes proposal

It sounds like a request for <object src="document.html"></object>

which would end up like an inline IFRAME

This is such a  common use case and just because you can do it with
SSI means zlich,
it presents challenges which sure, you can work around, but everyone
will do it with a different
way whether via javascript or a server side approach

When it's so common, it's a good case for being standardised into some
thing simple.

XML or XLST is too heavy, simple problem, simple solutions

this also has potential for significant page speed improvements and
for reducing overall page sizes

--
Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com (My Blog)