[whatwg] Client-side includes proposal

From: Joćo Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:01:58 +0100
> <include src="static-header" />
> <include src="user-specific-data" />
> <include src="dynamic-daily-content" />

This is something that would probably not be represented with a new
element, because elements are  preserved in the DOM tree so they can be
accessed and queried.
So then you'd have a question: keep <include>in the dom and allow access
to children like an iframe, or replace <include> entirely ?
The answer could be intuitive, but that can open a can of worms. Then you
can do all sorts of dynamic manipulation, which would have to be very well
specified.
I think the way to go would be a processing instruction.

The idea is good though ! But I think could be better implemented with a
css template like feature. I don't like the idea of a new element.

Bye.