[whatwg] Active workers when user leaves the page

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 19:30:17 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> This is something that have been in the back of my brain for a few days:
> How do we deal with the user navigating a way from a page if there's a
> Worker in the middle of some very long running script?

Right now the spec says that closing becomes true, and if the worker
doesn't clean up promptly, the "kill a worker" algorithm is invoked and
the script is killed, the unload handler is handled, and the script is
killed again if that doesn't end prompty either.

> Also note that the the presence, or lack of, fastback cache doesn't
> really make a difference. Pages are eventually going to get purged from
> the fastback cache, so it just pushes the problem to a point a little
> later in time.

Yup, the spec deals with this already too.