[whatwg] Setting the "title" attribute

Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#dom-tree
>
>        1. If the |title| element
>           <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#the-title1> is null, then a
>           new |title <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#title1>| element
>           must be created and appended to the |head| element
>           <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#the-head0>.
>        2. The children of the |title| element
>           <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#the-title1> (if any) must
>           all be removed.
>        3. A single |Text| node whose data is the new value being
>           assigned must be appended to the |title| element
>           <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#the-title1>.
>

> Steps 1 and 2 can fire mutation events and cause "the title element" to
> become null again. I suppose if that happens, the algorithm should stop,
> but the spec should say so.

Actually, if we make the changes discussed to the mutation events spec,
we can consider setting the title a compound operation. This means that
mutation events won't fire until the above algorithm is fully done, so
any changes to the title element or attribute can simply be considered a
separate operation.

/ Jonas