[whatwg] Psuedo classes based on DOM Events

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:06:50 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Rohan Prabhu wrote:

> Dear all,
> i was just wondering, that in the Web Controls 1.0 specifications, in
> the psuedo classes specifications, could it be that the psuedo classes
> could also be the DOM Events which would modify the style information
> attached to it. Like for ex:
>
> #objectid:onmouseup
> #objectid:onmousedown
> #objectid:onmouseover
> #objectid:onmouseout
> #objectid:onkeypress
>
> etc...
>
> just a idea from the silly mind of mine :D .. but do give ur comments on
> that..

Sorry for the delay in responding. It looks like the Web Controls spec
might never actually see the light of day; features like ARIA have been
developed in the meantime to address much of the same use cases.

I recommend contacting the CSS working group with the idea described
above, as they might be in a better position to follow up on this.

Thanks for the feedback though; I will keep track of it in case we ever
do work on the Web Controls spec after all.

Cheers,