[whatwg] Expanding datetime

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:05:44 +0200
> From a practical viewpoint, being able to specify dates before
> January 1, 1 BC (Gregorian) would allow for historical dates not
> currently available to be specified in markup of documents concerning
> history.

Such dates do not need to be published on the web in machine readable
readable formats.  How often to do you need to book a flight, or add an
event to your calendar that far back in the past?

> ...The Y10K problem can also be pushed back by this, but is of only
> theoretical importance.

There are still 7992 years before we need to have a Y10K solution
implemented.  Thus we can safely leave it to to future generations to solve.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/