[whatwg] Radio controls shared with multiple forms

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:18:48 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com>
wrote:
> The draft should probably be more explicit about:
>
>    <input type="radio" name="A" form="form1">
>    <input type="radio" name="A" form="form1 form2" checked>
>    <input type="radio" name="A" form="form2">
>
> Assuming "form1" and "form2" both exist selecting the first control will
> unset the controls associated with "form2" in Opera's current
> implementation.
>
> Our preferred solution is that in case of radio controls only the first
> entry in the form="" attribute counts. If that happens we'll update our
> implementation in due course.

This problem is also present for required checkboxes:

   <input type=checkbox name=a form="b c" required>
   <input type=checkbox name=a form=c>

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>