[whatwg] Why SQL? was: Comments on updated SQL API

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:10:52 -0700
I have a question: why SQL was chosen as client side storage for
Web Applications?

As far as I understand flat tables are not the best thing for storage
of mostly non structured data. Think about storage of e-mail messages.

I'd expect something close to mini file system associated with
some domain on the client side.

Personally I extended scripting engine[1] by persistence.
All script objects accessible from root element of some storage
are persistent. So there is no need for new entities like recordset
cursor, etc.  to manipulate data.

So beg my pardon but why SQL? Probably
I do not understand something...

Andrew Fedoniouk.