[whatwg] Comments on updated SQL API

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Mostly I like the new API (no surprise to Ian I'm sure).
>
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#sql

Great!

> A few comments. I think putting the currentRow accessors directly on the
> ResultSet is a bit of an odd choice.

Well, that part hadn't actually changed from the original API. ResultSet
was exactly as originally specced. I just checked in a change, though,
that changes the ResultSet API to have the data just be an array of
objects, based on feedback from the Gears team. It could be implemented in
the background more efficiently than it seems, or it could just be
implemented by getting all the data and sticking it into an object per row
in one potentially big array upfront.