[whatwg] Offline Web Apps

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 01:07:23 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com>
wrote:
> It would be nice if this was designed to handle the possibility of
> multiple file selection (which I think Web Forms 2 enables).

It does actually. There's a fileList attribute on HTMLInputElement that
returns a FileList.

>> It'd be possible to extend this to avoid bringing these files into
>> memory.  We'd just need globalStorage (or something like it) to
>> accept/return nsIDOMFile objects, and a way for XHR to send them.
>
> Sounds reasonable. I'd love to see a rough cut at a spec for this.

XMLHttpRequest level 2 supports sending ByteArray. So you could do
something like the following maybe:

   xhr.send(file.bytes)

Although if HTML5 gains a native File object I suppose support for that
could be added as well if there's any benefit.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>