[whatwg] Offline Web Apps

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:22:59 +0200, Robert O'Callahan
<robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On 9/11/07, Dimitri Glazkov <dimitri.glazkov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since, AFAIK, the fragment identifier is not passed onto the server by
>> the UA, I can't see how an application could be designed with proper
>> noscript degradation and reliance frament ids for query communication.
>>
>> Besides, using query parameters is much more natural for HTML: forms
>> with method=get are the way to build it.
>
> Those are good points that I should have thought of :-).

I'm not sure I understand the query parameter use case. If you have a web
page "foo.cgi?page=x" wouldn't that page also be simply the offline page?
What exactly is the scenario in some more detail?

(Note that with history.pushState() you can set the URI of the current
page so the fragment identifier bookmarking argument is "no longer" very
relevant.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>